This page has moved to a new address.

Personal Review/Opinion on Several Video Call Application

i type, u read: Personal Review/Opinion on Several Video Call Application

i type, u read

Sunday, July 10, 2011

 

Personal Review/Opinion on Several Video Call Application

Skype:
This is what I have been using, and it is great most of the time. It will has poor video and audio quality when the internet upload or download speed is super slow; I would say every online application will perform poorly when the internet connection is poor. Nonetheless, I like the fact that it allows users to "pop out" the video frame, have freedom to on/off the web cam, and mute or unmute the audio. In addition, it stores chat history, and by pressing control+f, users can find information easily. On top of that, it supports screen sharing. This is an awesome application to connect people from all over the world!

Facebook:
Facebook has worked together with Skype to enable video call in Facebook. Honestly, choosing between Facebook video call and Skype, I will go for Skype. This is because I cannot have the same window to type and to see my friend in Facebook, as I have to type in the normal chat box and the video is in another window. Maybe I am misusing video call? The supporters of Facebook video call might argue that video call is for people to see each other and to talk, so no typing is necessary. Furthermore, people might also argue that they have more friends in Facebook, so Facebook video call allows them to communicate visually with more people. I doubt about the safety behind that. Are you sure you want to engage in video calls with all of your friends in Facebook? I believe many people are friend to someone in Facebook, when in real life, they never communicated or never met each other. My advice for you is, Skype is better because most people will only add their near and dear in Skype. If you really obsess about Facebook and its video call, then maybe you can put your unknown friends into a special list and set it in a way that the people in that list can never saw you online.

Google chat:
I seldom use this application, because my way of using it is that I have to log in to my gmail. And, by default, gmail will save all the people that you have sent email as your chat buddy. I do think you can change the default, but my way of solving this problem is just to off the chat option, so it comes to the conclusion that I seldom use Google chat to communicate with my friends, so I do not have much feedback to provide for its video call. I did try a few times I think, but I do not really remember much. You can try it if you want, Google has been quite awesome all this while.

Google plus:
This is an awesome application! I do not have the chance to try it yet because they do not open to all. If you can get me an invitation to use it, it will be great! On top of that, Skype charges for video conference, but it is free in Google plus. The bottom line is I am looking forward to use Google plus!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]